The PRINCE2 Foundation training course is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 method and prepare you for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a structured and scalable best-practice project management approach for the management of all types of projects across industries.
The PRINCE2 Foundation level course aims to ensure that the candidate can act as an informed member and contributor in a project management team using the PRINCE2 method, within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method.
Following the completion of the course you will:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
- Pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
This course is targeted toward a diverse range of managers and staff members who wish to acquire the necessary skills to successfully manage a PRINCE2 project: Project Managers and aspiring project managers, Project Board members, Project Team Members, Team Managers, Assistant Project managers, Project Support staff and other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects.
|Offered in cooperation with
QRP International is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2®
- PRINCE2 methodology provides the candidate with the understanding of a structured best practice project management method
- PRINCE2 enhances a candidate’s skills and expertise in complex project management environments
- PRINCE2 provides a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project, which helps effective communication
- PRINCE2 provides a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication which ensures that all participants understand each other’s roles and responsibilities
- The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is an internationally recognized certification
Course outline and teaching format
The Foundation level introduces delegates to the PRINCE2 project management methodology. This course provides enough information for all those involved in a PRINCE2 project to understand their role and responsibilities, and to understand how this methodology will be applied on projects.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Course covers the full syllabus of PRINCE2 Foundation Level and prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
The course format is blended learning, which means that the instructor-led training is combined with self paced online learning. The training runs over 6 weeks via live webinarsessions. The webinars are of 1-2 hours duration and the schedule will be available to the participants 2 weeks before the start of the course.
The teaching format is very interactive and will be a mix between presentations, discussions and mock exam questions. To give the students a better understanding of how to apply the PRINCE2 method, each webinar session will also include a number of case exercises.
Course outline (instructor-led training sessions):
The training is structured to follow the typical project lifecycle; from pre-project activities, in which the project team is established and the project idea and justification are examined,- to the initiating stage, where the delivery of the projects products are planned, and risk, quality, change and communication management approaches are created, and then the delivery stages, where the project team stage by stage delivers the project products and manages the risk and issues as they occur – and at the end project closing activities ensuring confirmation that the project has delivered what was planned
- PRINCE2® Introduction to project management and tailoring
- PRINCE2® Structure and principles
- PRINCE2® Theme: Organization,
- PRINCE2® Theme: Business Case,
- PRINCE2® Process: Starting up a project
- PRINCE2® Process: Directing a project
- PRINCE2® Process: Initiating a project
- PRINCE2® Theme: Quality
- PRINCE2® Theme: Plans
- PRINCE2® Theme: Risk
- PRINCE2® Theme: change
- PRINCE2® Theme: Progress
- PRINCE2® Process: Managing a stage boundary
- PRINCE2® Process: Controlling a stage
- PRINCE2® Process: Managing product delivery
- PRINCE2® Process: Closing a project
- Recap + Exam training
To support the exam preparation the students will be able to access various online resources such as mock exam questions, sample exams and memo training exercises.
The course ends with the online PRINCE2 Foundation exam. The exam format is flexible, and participants choose themselves where and when to take the exam.
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
The purpose of the PRINCE2 Foundation Examination is to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method, as described in the syllabus below, to be awarded the PRINCE2 Foundation qualification.
(The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination, which assesses the ability to apply understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method in context.)
The PRINCE2® foundation exam has a duration of 1 hour. The exam is a multiple choice closed book exam containing 60 questions and must score a minimum of 33 correct answers to pass.
PRINCE2 Foundation exam format:
- 1 hour
- 60 question
- Multiple choice
- Pass mark: 55% or higher – a raw score of 33 marks or above
- Closed book
The participants choose themselves where and when to take the exam. The exam format is an online ProctorU exam which means that a person (proctor) is monitoring the exam via web camera
NOTE: Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total.